Wednesday, July 6, 2016


Dr. Parth S Thacker, Hemophilia-A with inhibitors From Gandhidham-Kutch, Gujarat,India Currently doing MD in Ayurveda at Jamnagar,Gujarat,India


Living with Hemophilia: Facing Struggles, Developing Strengths


Imagine a little boy, who has just started understanding things; who has just started observing the beautiful world around with curiosity; who has just entered the age which he will be able to remember as his childhood years later. The boy comes to know that he is a part of this world just like anyone else. But there is something different for him. He is a little different from others. Different by what means? Technically merely a single blood component (which is known to us as- "Coagulation Factor VIII") is not produced in the body. And what difference a single blood protein can make? Hahahaha.. You all probably know the answer. Imagine his reactions when for the very first time he realized his inability to play his favorite outdoor sports. What would have happened to his innocent heart, when he was supposed to only watch those playing, falling, again playing and enjoying children outside on the ground- from the balcony of his home? A person’s body is the most useful tool to live, to be happy, and to make more and more experiences which life offers. How heartbroken he would have felt, when he had tried to swallow the fact that he does not have the same helping “body”, instead he has got the body which probably is going to continuously place obstacles in his journey. That kid was me, many years ago.

Yes, I am a person with hemophilia. As every little child, I could not accept the same. Every time I got joint bleed episodes- mostly with intense pain, I asked to the existence, “Why me?” And believe me, life-journey with Hemophilia, is indeed, not easy. In terms of video/Pgames, we play the game of life with a very high difficulty level (I would not say “Highest difficulty level” because I know there are many other serious life problems for many people there). But surely, it is never easy. You/people around you continuously care about your body, your health; even then it betrays you many times. At every phase of your life, you have to fight with your health, often coming into the way of your dreams, being happy, life-goals or whatsoever.
Fortunate I am, that I have got loving-caring parents and family, who always inspired me, who kept faith in me and made me have faith in myself. We always talk about the difficulties PWHs face, but we often forget to think about the family which is upbringing a child having Hemophilia. My family has played a tremendous role in making me whatever I am today. Many times, when I lost all the hope and had emotional extremes, they have always supported me. They never lost hope. They helped me best in overcoming my limitations and living my life in the best way I can. They took intense care of mine, but they made me trust myself and my dreams. They took care of every single wish of mine. It is due to my parents and family that I have reached at post-graduate level in Ayurveda.
But still, my story is incomplete without Hemophilia Society- Rajkot Chapter. The role Hemophilia Federation plays in the life of a PWH, deserves salutes. Particularly, I am lucky to be a part of Hemophilia Society- Rajkot Chapter. I still remember when I heared that soft, full-of-love-and-concern voice of Kiran Avashia Sir for the first time. If life with Hemophilia is a sea full of storms- Federation and chapter play the role of lighthouses. Had we not got the proper guidance, awareness and support (of every level) by Rajkot Chapter, we’d lead nowhere in life. Their active efforts for encouragement of every single person with Hemophilia, continuous uplifting of their quality of life, rehabilitation of their families- are blessings for the PWHs as well as for their families.
If I talk about my journey with Hemophilia, I must say, it’s a thrilling experience. Accepting Hemophilia as a permanent companion was never easy, but eventually as years passed, now it feels like it is not that hard. Yet, starting phase is always tough, that too if you belong to a remote area like Kutch. But life has always planned better for me, I have started believing now. Before starting school, I had become fond of reading a lot. And I must admit, reading and literature ignited my love for philosophy too and inspirational, motivational (true) stories helped me the most in changing my mindset, my attitude towards my difficulties. I started schooling and learning lot of new things and was equally interested in both- curricular and extra-curricular activities. From childhood, I was too much interested in music and reading, and in school, I got platform for the development of those both important parts of my life.

 My wish was to become a doctor that I took admission in BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery) in Nadiad. After UG, I was interested in Masters, therefore I applied for it last year and fortunately got admission in IPGT & RA, Jamnagar- one of the most dreamed PG institutes in Ayurveda field. Now I am studying here as an MD scholar and obviously, I want to contribute something significant from Ayurveda, to Hemophilia World. I show gratitude towards each educational institutions I have been part of (and their faculties too) for the utmost support and love that they have given to me.

Now something I want to say to my young, fellow “Blood Brothers”. We are not no-normal kids, we are “Special ones”. You are unique, because you are different. You must give up the thought of being helpless. Getting misery or not, is not in your hand. But, whether to be miserable or not, is completely in your hand. Once you accept whatever you are, you can do whatever you want. Forget the things you can never do (every person in this world has some limitations, we too), give your best for what you can definitely do. Difficulties will either ruin one’s life or will make his life outstanding. Both results are equally possible, and which result you get- depends completely on you. Life has given me a lot of beautiful things. Loving parents, caring friends, compassionate mentors. I no longer ask anyone, “Why me?” because when I get lost in amazing world of a movie or a book, or when I play music on my keyboard or guitar, I find myself the luckiest person on earth. I have no regrets regarding Hemophilia anymore. Even when I was diagnosed to be having inhibitors for factor VIII 2 years ago, I didn’t feel any type of grief or misery. Surely, I want inhibitors to be eradicated from my body as soon as possible, but till then I will not be in sorrow. I love every moment I live, every breath I take and I love my life. World’s smallest and biggest pleasures are waiting for you. Just forget the one thing and you will feel “Normal”, because, being normal or not, is just a state of mind. Once you accept your limitations and start focusing on your abilities, a warrior will definitely emerge from you. Make your life, a “celebration”, because as a quote says, life is beautiful with conditions
applied.

At last, I heartily appreciate efforts of our Government for the commitment they have shown for the healthcare of PWHs. When I had gastric bleed in December, 2013, I was admitted in Civil Hospital Ahmedabad. My Haemoglobin level had fallen upto 4.8 gm% and thankfully, I got treatment at emergency bases there and I was given 3 doses of 6 mg Novoseven that time (because of having inhibitors). For that, I will be grateful to our Government and the doctors who treated me there, for the rest of my life. Though I feel that the length of the time an average PWH faces at hospitals for treatment (due to so-lengthy official procedures), should be shortened as time is a critical factor for us to get treated well with least complications.
At the end, I thank Kiran Sir andHemophilia Society- Rajkot Chapter for giving me this opportunity to share these things with you.
I end up with the quote by Elizabeth Kübler-Ross: “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.

6 comments:

  1. I identify with much of what you have written. Your attitude will help you cope with our condition.

    By the way, you might be interested to check out my book (available from Amazon India as Kindle ebook) "Blood, Dragons and Lions" where I wrote about my life and of how I coped with haemophilia.

    All the best and well done in your accomplishment.
    Kin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi proud you are doing Auyerveda from jamnagar please try and get a Farhan of Dr C P Shukla from jamnagar a great mentor and inspiration on Auyerveda

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    I have been a patient of hemophilia . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over the years but I could not see any improvements in my symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from hemophilia,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for me which i received and used as instructed. After few weeks the improvement were very visible. the pain and tightness in the joints stopped and the sores started to heal. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from hemophilia.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having haemophilia A this means that his body, his immune system, fights off the medicine – the infused factor VIII. The alternative clotting factors that we used to control bleeding were much less effective. His medical condition was heart broken. Despite our visit to several doctors his health wasn't getting better. He was subjected to different medications, by many doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a permanent cure. Having a son with hemophilia and then, the added challenge of an inhibitor, is not always easy. Suspicion that something wasn’t right began when he was 6 months old due to the heavy amount of bruising which started showing up all over his legs. As a parent, I would love to fix things and make everything better. Fortunately, there have been other positive alternative (Herbal Medicine) though few people doesn't know the challenges of living with hemophilia. If your child is having same problem, do not expose him/her to more danger, use a herbal remedy that is safe and effective. Contact him directly for more info with his email address: sharmash116@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my husband was saved from hemophilia, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My husband suffered hemophilia and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the herbal cure to hemophilia . I never imagined hemophilia has a cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my husband will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my husband used it and in one months he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life.hemophilia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks to Dr Williams I am so happy today, my wife have been suffering from hemophilia for the past 8 years now, and i have spent a lot on western drugs which has all proved abortive, i have tried all means in life to get my wife out of this , but there was no answer until i decided to try herbal solution and i found Dr Williams online and i contacted him and after she took his medication as instructed, my wife is now completely cure from hemophilia within those week of usage, i am so much happy, thanks to Dr Williams for helping me get my wife life back again without any form of crisis, i promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world,if you have someone with hemophilia you can email him on drwilliams098675@gmail.com for more information .

    ReplyDelete